Debs Place

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday morning relaxing and rambling

What a gorgeous morning. Had some time out in the back yard with the dog, throwing the ball and doing a bit of obedience work... He is starting to ignore me on the Come recall, so have some work do to get him reliable.

There is a pear tree in the backyard and it is covered with fruit, as is the ground underneath. Casey will go through the pears that have fallen off the tree and play/eat his choice ones. It is cute to watch, have to get the camera out with us and get a video of him eating a pear.

Gathered up a bunch of pears yesterday and made apple-pear butter. YUMMY! Definately will do that recipe again! Going to try pear marmalade which has ginger in it :), and also found a recipe for pear bread made in the bread machine. The internet is my friend. :)

Got an email from a friend this morning and it was so very refreshing... here is what Verdi had to say:
I am sitting at the kitchen table with the Sunday papers spread out in front of me and my cup of coffee by my hand. I am facing the side window and there is a sunflower right outside - hollyhocks in May and June, sunflowers in August and September. It is raining, the remnants of Ernesto. The light rain falls on the leaves of the sunflower, gently runs down each leaf and pauses with a drop at the point of the leaf. How beautiful! How full of wonder!
Verdi you have such a way with words. I feel as though I am sitting next to you drinking my tea. Thanks again for sharing, and hope you don't mind my sharing with friends other than the Magpies.

On the family front things are on the move again. My youngest sister and her dog Darwin have moved to Vancouver, so I have family closer than Yellowknife (the previous closest). She is pretty busy getting established and starting experiments at UBC, hopefully once things settle down she and Darwin will be able to come over for a visit.

Jason will be returning from Yellowknife in the next month or so. Another sister's family who he was living with are moving to Saskatoon and their house is currently on the market. He has been asked to stay in the house until it sells as my sister and her family head to Saskatoon in early September. I am hoping that things will move quickly with the house and he will be here by the end of September. It will be interesting to have him back, he left for Yellowknife August 28, 2005. I know Jason will be happy to see Casey and probably the cat as well.

I must get going on some quilting projects. Have a baby quilt to finish the hand quilting (summer is too warm to hand quilt) and binding and a challenge project to complete for a quilting get away weekend the last weekend of September (Bowser gals I haven't yet started, but have a few ideas :), hey it has only been a year lol).

Having a long weekend just a week after returning from vacation is great! really enjoying it, and still have a day and a half before have to return to work. Usually they whiz by so quickly but this one has been very enjoyable and casual.

Well, must get some housework done. Unfortunately the animals do not step up and do it for me :( sheesh!

Later All.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home